Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 39: Samuel makes lunch



A couple of the boys are very independent and really just do what needs to be done.  Augustin is probably the most like this and Samuel is learning from him.  It was a morning where no one seemed very motivated to eat breakfast, so no one ate much.  Of course, this meant kids were hungry by about 9am and lunch isn't until 11:30am...so it was turning into a long morning.  I was talking on the phone with Beth and Samuel comes up to me and says, "I made lunch, can you get plates?"

So of course I had to check out this lunch.  I had seen him grab crackers out of the basement and told him to put them in the kitchen.  What I didn't know was he'd had taken out cheese sticks (string cheese) for everyone, picked a tomato for me to cut so they could share it and gotten bananas.  Augustin helped by getting everyone a clementine.  There you have it LUNCH put together by a 3 year old.  It covered all major food groups and was well balanced. I think he has a new job, especially since everyone willingly ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment