Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 82: my handsome lunch date


This handsome guy, my almost 5 year old, was my handsome date for lunch today.  I was looking at Facebook this morning when I saw that our local Ruby Tuesday was offering a "kids eat free" day.  I love taking the kids out alone for their birthdays.  Maybe it's a trip to the book store, maybe out of ice cream, a ride on the carousel at the mall.  Just some time out, alone for some special one on one time.

So I jumped at the opportunity to take Augustin out for an early birthday lunch.  He wore the brand-new green polo I picked out this week and new blue shorts.  He thought he had won the lottery he was so excited and as he reminded me "Green is my favorite color!"  We ordered our lunch, mine came w/ the salad bar and he excitedly came with me and helped me pick out all kinds of good things for my salad.  He then ate about 2/3 of it when we got back to the table.  He is a salad kid.

He then ordered a "Mini Burger" meal which he got with grilled green beans and apple slices.  He ate the entire meal, along with my salad, a cup or water and then finished the meal off with his chocolate milk.  He is a good eater and he needs it because he never stops moving.

So I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch with Augustin.  It's hard to believe he is just days away from turning 5 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment